ARISE Adoption Academy
Contact Us for More Info!
Adoption Options is excited to announce the upcoming launch of our social enterprise, ARISE Adoption Academy!
A broad definition of a social enterprise is: "An organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in financial, social, and environmental well-being. This may include maximizing social impact alongside profits for external shareholders."
ARISE Adoption Academy (Adoption Resources Inspiration Support Education):
ARISE is a ‘one-stop shop’ online adoption resource and education platform developed to solve the problem of a lack of resources and services available to families after they finalize an adoption. These adoption-specific resources and services will reduce the number of children and families who experience an adoption that dissolves. A dissolved adoption is one where the child fails out of their adoptive family after a finalization of an adoption.
- Research shows that 15-20% of adoptions fail each year. That’s between 20,000-27,000 children returning to the child welfare system
- Emotional toll in a dissolved adoption include the loss of family/sense of well-being, and a sense of shame, guilt and failure
- One failed adoption can add up to $300,000 of costs to society over the course of the person’s lifetime
- ARISE comes backed by the 37+ years of adoption expertise, experience, and excellence of Adoption Options
- WEBINARS/PODCASTS: Online education focused on adoption-related topics like “talking to my child about their birth family,” “trauma informed parenting” and “sibling connections.” Topics will also cover the seven core issues of adoption: grief, loss, control, rejection, guilt/shame, identity and intimacy.
- ONLINE COACHING: One hour sessions can be accessed on-demand when-ever a family needs assistance facing difficult behaviors or conversations. This service is meant to enhance the parent/child connection during times when therapy is not available.
- COMMUNITY MEETUPS: Support groups are an important part of feeling connected/included in adoption, and these groups will lend support and guidance to adoptive parents from others that have, or are going through, the journey. The groups will be facilitated by adoptive families in their assigned area.
ARISE Adoption Academy is set to launch in 2019, and we can't wait. Luckily you don't have to! There are many opportunities for you to get involved with this exciting and desperately needed organization right now. We're actively seeking funding and investors, as well as experts and partners who would be willing to share their knowledge and talents. If you are interested in learning more or to set up a meeting with our Executive Director, please contact us today!
Watch & Learn More...
Unplanned Pregnancy? You have options.
Learn more about becoming a birth parent to an adoptive family. If you’re pregnant you can connect confidentially with one of our birth parent support staff to discuss all of your options for FREE 24/7.
JJ’s Adoption Story
JJ was in the foster care system for 6 years, 3 homes, and one failed adoption before Adoption Options and her permanent family came into the story.