Hi there! We are George and Debby! We live our lives by the three F’s: Faith, Family, & Fun!! As this is our 2nd adoption, we know how difficult this decision can be. Please know that our child’s birthmother will hold the most cherished spot in our hearts & we will be as open or as closed as you’d like to be.
We live in a wonderful community and are extremely close to our family and friends. We were able to work out our schedules so that when our daughter isn’t in pre-school, one of us is always home with her. We cherish our time together and cannot wait for our family to grow!
To help you get to know us, here are some fun facts about our family:
George (a.k.a. Papa Georgio):
- LOVES the BRONCO’S! It’s a serious obsession – I think he bleeds orange and blue!
- Wishes it was still 1985. He grew up in the ‘80’s and misses the music, the movies, and most of all…his mullet!
- Is teaching our daughter to be a WWE wrestler. They are always on the floor trying to pin each other…Sophie’s getting pretty good!
- Is proud of his position at a large retail store. It is a great company, and he takes pride in helping customers and doing the best job possible – he was even Employee of the Month.
- Is an amazing Daddy – he loves his baby girl to pieces and can’t wait to add another wrestling partner to the mix.
Debby (a.k.a Mama-cita):
- Secretly wants to be Martha Stewart. I love cooking, decorating, & crafting. I live for the holidays when I get to redecorate (George just rolls his eyes!)
- Speaks French! J’adore parler francais!! Someday….I will go to France…I will…I will!
- I LOVE MY JOB! (I know…who says that?) I work with at-risk teens, teaching them the skills they need to get to college. They are amazing kids who just need someone to believe in them…and I do!!
- Adoption is my passion. I’ve started an adoption ministry at our church, and am part of a group that supports parents with African-American children. I will talk to ANYONE about adoption….ANYWHERE! Seriously! (Again, George rolls his eyes)
- I adore my daughter! She is the funniest, smartest, most challenging girl I know. She makes me a better person, and I can’t wait to see how our next child changes me.
Sophie (a.k.a. The Sophster):
- Was adopted in 2008. Both her Mommy and Daddy witnessed her birth & she’s been the joy of their lives ever since!
- Is SUPER smart! She loves learning in pre-school, playing computer games, and blows her Mommy and Daddy away with the things she learns!
- Has an obsession with Spongebob…I think she bleeds yellow!
- Loves her extended family and friends – including her birthmom, who she speaks to at least once a week.
- Loves all the activities we do as a family – hiking, swimming, crafting, movies, and church.
- Can’t wait to become a BIG Sister! Although in her mind she’s going to be more like the little mommy.
- Is plotting world domination……..
We hope that gave you a little taste of who we are. We look forward to getting to know you better!
George, Debby, & Sophie